Board of Trustee Meeting:
Watch the Board meeting... Congratulations for stepping up and speaking. It seems that the board had already made up their mind.
I urge all to see Part 2 of the Board meeting, Minute 17-26:09
Editorial in PT Trustees Lack Civility (last one on page - Thanks Mike!)
We will be accepting nominations for the following board positions through the end of April.
Membership Controller: Sean Dominquez
Communications Officer: Anne Engel
LAC Grievance Officer: Therese Wheeler
LAC Representative: Sonia Verduzco
PCC Vice President: Thomas Hamilton
PCC Representative: Patrick Tuufuli
See below under "More News" for duties to elected positions.
LBCCE Discussion Board
Come join the talk and lets make our Union stronger.
Download directions to join our board and the rules for participation.
LAC and PCC Vice-President:
the Vice-President shall:
- Assume the duties of the President in the event of the absence, resignation, illness, or death of the President, for the remainder of the term.
- Preside at general membership meetings or Executive Board meetings that the President cannot attend. In this event, PCC Vice-President will preside at PCC located meetings, and LAC Vice President will preside at the LAC located meetings.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the President, or assigned by the Executive Board.
- At all times assist the President in the performance of his/her duties.
- The LAC and PCC Vice-Presidents shall act as coordinator of all appointed committees.
- Participate in one-on-one membership recruitment.
The Representatives shall
- Act as liaison between the Executive Board and the members they represent.
- Assist with recruitment of new members.
- Responsible for oversight, recruitment and coordination of training of shop stewards.
- Responsible for scheduling and attending monthly meeting of shop stewards.
- Inform Executive Board of all grievances and outcomes of grievances at monthly Executive Board meetings.
- Responsible for newsletter layout, editing, writing and assigning stories to Executive Board and internal communication committee.
- Responsible for creating flyers or assigning the work to internal communication committee.
- Responsible for contacting local newspapers to submit press releases and to establish relationships with reporters.
- Maintain contact with CFT communication department.
Membership Controller (adopted October 11,2007): It shall be the duty and responsibility of the Membership Controller to:
- Prepare and send out the Hudson Letters to all new classified bargaining unit employees. (Informing employees of requirement for membership or being a service fee payer).
- Calculate the dues/service fee/reduced fees to be paid for each employee and to forward the data to Payroll (Benefits) for input into PeopleSoft.
- To learn and update the Membership-Lite AFT on-line system by entering each new employee's information and making changes of address and other information to keep the system updated.
- To annually update the dues/service fees/reduced fees for all employees based on what was approved at the National and State conferences and forward the information to Payroll (Benefits) for input into PeopleSoft.
- To forward the copy of the membership forms that have the insurance section at the bottom of the form completed, to the appropriate state representative.
- To maintain a filing system for all of the above listed functions.
- To attend training conducted by AFT representatives for this function.
- To assist the President, as requested.